FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 9, 2019
Celebration of Song Showcases Governor-Elect Lee Inaugural Worship Service
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The 2019 Inaugural Worship Service will feature some of the nation’s premier performers in a celebration of song to begin inauguration-day festivities as Bill Lee becomes the 50th governor of Tennessee.
Michael W. Smith, CeCe Winans, Steven Curtis Chapman, Nicole C. Mullen, Matthew West and other acclaimed performers will headline the worship service at Ryman Auditorium, January 19, 8:30 a.m. Tickets for the worship service are required and free to the public at BelieveInTN.com based on seating availability. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early and be seated for the start of the worship service.
“Bill and I have been friends for decades,” said Smith. “His dedication to his Creator, his family, our community and now our state is unmatched. Starting the day of his inauguration in prayer and worship is a sincere and honest reflection of the type people Bill and Maria are. They will be outstanding servant-leaders for the great State of Tennessee.”
Following the worship service, Governor-elect Lee will take the oath of office at a ceremony convening on Legislative Plaza at 11 a.m. The oath will be administered by Tennessee Supreme Court Chief Justice Jeffrey S. Bivins. The event is a joint convention of the 111th General Assembly.
Governor-elect Lee’s Believe in Tennessee celebration events are in Nashville, January 18-20. Event details, tickets and reservations are available at BelieveInTn.com through Friday, January 11. With exception of ticketed Saturday evening inaugural events, all celebration activities are free and open to the public with limitations based on venue capacity.
Friday, January 18 (all times Central)
- Boots on Broadway: Music & More, an evening of live music at Acme Feed & Seed, 101 Broadway, 8 p.m.
Saturday, January 19:
- Inaugural Worship Service, Ryman Auditorium, 8:30 a.m.
- Inaugural Ceremony, Legislative Plaza, 11 a.m.
- Tours of the Tennessee State Capitol, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tennessee State Museum, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., 1000 Rosa L. Parks Boulevard.
- First Couple’s Inaugural Dinner and Ball, Music City Center, 6:30 p.m. Tickets for the black-tie optional event are $250 per person.
- Believe in Tennessee Inaugural Ball, Music City Center, 8 p.m. Tickets for the black-tie optional event are $50 per person.
Sunday, January 20:
- Tennessee Residence Open House, hosted by Governor Lee and First Lady Maria Lee, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Stuart McWhorter, fundraising chairman for Bill Lee for Tennessee, is inaugural committee chairman and Knoxville businessman Jim Haslam is treasurer. Inaugural celebration events and activities are wholly supported by private donations according to contribution guidelines.
Follow Governor-elect Lee on Twitter @BillLeeTN and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BillLeeTN.
Governor-Elect Lee Transition Office